Lung Cancer is the number one cause of cancer-related deaths among women, followed by Breast Cancer.
*Source: American Cancer Society
- 430 people a day die of lung cancer ~ nearly 80% of new lung cancer cases do not smoke.
- Lung Cancer will cause more deaths this year than: Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colon Cancer, Liver Cancer and Melanoma ~ COMBINED!
- In the U.S., Lung Cancer is the second leading cause of death behind only heart disease.
- Lung cancer research remains dramatically under-funded.
- The under-funding of lung cancer research has kept its survival rate almost as low as it was in 1971.
Total Research Spending*:
- BREAST CANCER: $26,398. per person
- PROSTATE CANCER: $13,419. per person
- COLON CANCER: $6,849. per person
- LUNG CANCER: $1,442. per person
*research in dollars per deathClick here to learn how to donate
Source: Lung Cancer Alliance, 1747 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006